If you want to be a better voice actor, you’ve got to learn to become a great entrepreneur. When I’m asked for my best advice, that’s always it. Same thing. Every time.
To help me become a better entrepreneur, one of my strategies is to learn from people who have done it before me. People who are doing it better. People who do it on a larger scale. I think of them as my virtual mentors.
You’d be amazed how much you can learn about life and business from reading biographies.
5 Must Read Biographies to be a Better Entrepreneur
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future: The way this guys mind works is unreal. His level of commitment and perseverance is unmatched.
- Twist of Faith: The Story of Anne Beiler, Founder of Auntie Anne’s Pretzels: From humble beginnings to a pretzel empire… and man they’re good pretzels! This is a brilliant story.
- Jim Henson: The Biography: He was a man with an idea and he turned it into something that’s touched people all around the world. Jim was a fascinating man.
- Sam Walton: Made In America: Getting a late start in life? Be inspired by Sam’s story. He opened the first Walmart in his 40’s.
- The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon: He’s the richest man on the planet, and he built all from nothing. Need I say more?
Pick up one, two or all of them. I promise you, you’ll be taking notes and changing the way you look at and think about things. There’s so much to learn from these people. They’re all great stories too!