My American friends will think I’m confused. But my Canadian friends know better. Besides, why wait until November for a turkey dinner when you can celebrate in October and have it a month earlier instead?!
Now my American friends are jealous. Turkey and a long weekend… in October. Oh yeah. That’s how us Canadian roll!
5 Things I’m Thankful For
I won’t make you hold my hand. We don’t even have to take turns going around the table. But I am going to give you five reasons I’m thankful for my career as a voice actor this year (in no particular order).
- 1) I’m thankful for the privilege of working from home and being my own boss. Something I dreamed about for years.
- 2) I’m thankful for all my amazing clients who trust me with their scripts and projects!
- 3) I’m thankful for the many adventures I’ve been able to take this year thanks to my voice over business.
- 4) I’m thankful for my colleagues in the business, many of whom I now proudly call friends.
- 5) I’m thankful for the opportunity to say, “I’m living the dream,” when people ask me what I do for a living.
Count Your Blessings
For all of my Canadian friends, clients and colleagues, I hope you’ve been able to celebrate Thanksgiving this weekend with time spent with family, friends and those you love.
I hope that as you reflect on what the holiday means, you’ll be able to find many, many blessings to count.